Downtown Mount Vernon Do's and Don't's
- Get a coffee or other drink from the Skagit Valley Food Co-op in the beginning. You can thank us later.
- Pick up a map of the stops from any of the participating locations. The map has a listing of the artists and styles at each stop.
- Bring friends so you can discuss the artwork. Different options make things more interesting!
- Plan your route ahead of time! It is as simple as getting a pen and drawing a line on one of the free maps provided at each stop!
- Look for the balloons! If you can't find the next stop, just look for the brightly colored balloons that mark each of the stops!
- Bring some cash to spend! Almost all of the art is for sale and you never know what you are going to find inside each of the equally awesome shops!
- The snacks or wine provided at each of the stops in perfect to keep you going through the art walk, but we suggest planning a late dinner at one of the downtown restaurants. You will have worked up quite an appetite after the art walk!
- Ask for a tour of the Lincoln Theatre while you are there! They will be more than happy to show you around the vintage theatre.
- Don’t go to dinner before the art walk because then you might miss out on things like chocolate tasting at Forte Chocolates!
- Don’t wear uncomfortable shoes! This is an art WALK. Bring your most comfortable pair of walking shoes and your feet will thank you!
- Don’t rush! Take your time and enjoy each shop. There is more than enough time to see every piece of art.
- Don’t be afraid to engage in conversation with the artists. They love to explain the backstory surrounding their artwork or the process involved in bringing it to life!
- Check the weather forecast before you go and dress accordingly. You don’t want to be carrying your coat around or wishing you brought your hat.
This art walk was a truly inspiring way to spend an evening. Don’t miss out on all of the fun! Get out and explore the variety of wonderful shops of downtown Mount Vernon.
Sign-up for our Awesome NW Life Newsletter
Get the inside scoop on what is happening in the Great Northwest AND download the latest issues of our magazine!